What is Masonic Home and School of Texas?
Masonic Home and School of Texas (MHS) is a non-profit organization that supports children, families and widows of Texas Master Masons by assisting in providing information, referrals, and financial support.
Are all of the services of Masonic Home and School of Texas available to anyone regardless of where they live?
No, services are available to only needy and qualified children residing in the State of Texas.
What is the statement of purpose of Masonic Home and School of Texas?
Mission ~ Improving the quality of life for children and families in Texas
Motto ~ Strengthening Families for a Brighter Future
What are the programs services offered by Masonic Home and School of Texas?
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Information and referral services for children, widows, families, and agencies
- Food, clothing, transportation, and family services
- Medical, dental, and prescription services
- Tutoring, career counseling and educational scholarships
- Counseling and psychological services
- Living accommodations, meals and activities at the Texas Masonic Retirement Center for qualified widows of Texas Master Masons
How do I get help for a child, widow, or family I know or me?
There are several ways to get assistance for you or someone you know:
- Call our Main Office at: 817.503.1500 or Texas Toll-Free: 877.203.9111
- Visit our Website: www.mcfstx.org
Who refers children, youth, families and widows to Masonic Home and School of Texas?
How can I help?
Donate to Masonic Home and School of Texas! And, help us get the word out about Masonic Home and School of Texas and the programs that we offer.
Where is Masonic Home and School of Texas located?
Our address is 1240 Keller Parkway, Suite 200, Keller, TX 76248.
How do I qualify for moving to the Texas Masonic Retirement Center?
- Must be a widow of a Texas Master Mason
- A widow must have been married to a Mason for three years. The Master Mason must have been a member of a Texas lodge, in good standing (all dues paid), for five years prior to the date of his death.
- The widow must be in good health and capable of self-care.
- If a widow has been married more than once, her last husband must have been a Texas Master Mason in good standing for five years prior to the date of his death.
- In exchange for payment of all expenses for the remainder of a widow’s life, all assets must be given to Masonic Home and School of Texas.
- The widow must meet all requirements of the Texas Masonic Retirement Center
- Approval is based on need for living arrangements provided at the Texas Masonic Retirement Center
- The ultimate determination will be by Masonic Home and School of Texas, in its sole discretion.
What amenities are available for the widows at the Texas Masonic Retirement Center?
- Private living space in a safe, welcoming environment furnished with your personal belongings;
- Shopping trip, with transportation provided, to local malls, shopping centers, and grocery stores;
- Fun activities, with all planning and transportation included, to movies, the theatre, and other entertainment;
- Delicious meals prepared and served onsite in a comfortable community room;
- Medical and dental appointments arranged, along with transportation;
- Exercise classes, safe walking environments, parties, holiday celebrations, and games.
What happened to the Campus at 3600 Wichita Street in Fort Worth where Masonic Home and School was located?
The property was owned by The Grand Lodge of Texas, not the Masonic Home and School. The Grand Lodge of Texas sold the Campus on January 2, 2007. The Grand Lodge transferred the sale proceeds to Square and Compasses Holding, a 501(c)(3) Texas nonprofit corporation. The mineral interests were owned by The Grand Lodge of Texas. The Grand Lodge of Texas did reserve the mineral interests when it sold the Campus on January 2, 2007. The Grand Lodge, however, subsequently conveyed all of the mineral interests to Square and Compasses Holding, a 501(c)(3) Texas nonprofit corporation on September 21, 2007. Square and Compasses Holding will receive any proceeds from the minerals.
What is Square and Compasses Holding?
Square and Compasses Holding is a 501(c)(3) Texas nonprofit corporation. It currently holds proceeds from the sale of the Campus. It also owns the mineral interests from the Campus. It was organized to pay over all of its net income, at least annually, to either the Masonic Home and School and/or the Texas Masonic Charities Foundation. The Texas Masonic Charities Foundation may only use those funds for the care, education, support and assistance of widows of Texas Masons, orphans and other children of Texas Masons and other children residing in Texas.