Masonic Children & Family Services of Texas proudly upholds a legacy of over a century devoted to helping children and families.
Education is known to empower, enlighten, and enrich minds and communities. However, finding ways to afford the rising cost of higher education makes the goal daunting for many young people and families. MCFS is proud to help fill the financial gap for families by offering scholarships for Texas high school seniors to attend accredited colleges, universities, or approved trade schools.
- Must be a graduating high school senior
- Must be a Texas resident
- Must plan to attend an accredited college, university, or trade school
SELECTION WILL BE BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Career goals which will be enabled by higher education
- Demonstrated community service/involvement
- Academic achievements
- School activities
- Financial need
- Employment experience
- Masonic affiliations
- Services previously received from MCFS
- Letters of Recommendation
ABOUT THE MCFS SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP: $2,500 AWARD
- Proof of registration for classes will be required before funds are deposited
- Funds will be deposited directly into the student’s account at their college, university, or trade school and can be used for tuition and fees until the entire $2,500 is depleted. Funding expires after four years
- The application window is January 1 through April 30 annually
- Award recipients will be notified by email on July 1st
A limited number of scholarships are available. Priority will be given to Masonic affiliation but IS NOT required to apply. Race or ethnic considerations are not asked for nor considered. The number of scholarships awarded is based on the availability of funds. Not all applicants will be approved for this scholarship. The ultimate determination on awarding scholarships will be made by the Masonic Children & Family Services of Texas at its sole discretion.
If you would like to learn more about MHS alumni, please visit the website of Masonic Home and School of Texas Ex-Students Association.
This organization is not affiliated with Masonic Home and School of Texas.
Former residents of the Masonic Home and School of Texas (MHS) or former students of the Masonic Home and School of Texas Independent School District are invited to apply for higher learning or college scholarship opportunities.
All application and background information is included on the links listed below:
Masonic Children & Family Services of Texas Scholarship